Thursday, April 2, 2009

Okay, NOW the book is on Safari

I've been recovering from the flu for the last several weeks (man, that fatigue never seems to go away...), so I've been a bit behind in keeping up with my emails.

Imagine my surprise when I received an email from Safari Books Online saying that my book is live on their site.

So, with great fanfare I would like to report that my book, "Mastering Windows SharePoint Services 3.0" has been available on Safari Online, http://www.safaribooksonline.com/, since the 26th of March (meaning it's definitely there now).

If you've been looking for it, feel free to use this link: http://techbus.safaribooksonline.com/9780470127285.

Safari books online offers digitized versions of technical books for use as part of a subscription service. In some cases, depending on the publisher, the books can be downloaded in part or whole.

So for those of you looking for a digital version of the book, this might be the place for you.

As for those of you that simply wanted to buy my book in PDF format directly from Amazon or Wiley-- well, the publisher still can't seem to figure out what happened with the digital version of the book...

...Meanwhile, the people over at Safari books online went out of their way to laboriously digitize 1100 pages of WSS goodness themselves. I am grateful. : )

Let me know what you think of the digitized version by the way. I for one would simply be glad for an easier way to search for content than what's available in the hard copy book now.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Yolanda and Asif, who both pinged me with updates concerning my book's digital debut delays. I bet your help, especially Yolanda's, were essential for the eventual availability of my book online. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I just put it in my Safari bookshelf.

I will report back on the quality; however, the ability to access the book form my computer at any time is going to be a great benefit.

Great news!