Thursday, April 1, 2010

So many things, so little time

Howdy all. You may have noticed there's been little to no action around here. My apologies for that. Since December, I've been revising the "Mastering Windows SharePoint Services 3.0" book, now to be called "Mastering SharePoint Foundation 2010".  To do that so early, I've been working on the beta version.

I was also renewed as a SharePoint Services MVP for this year as you may know (yay!), so I have access to some beta stuff that the average person doesn't have (and I am desperately, desperately grateful, because it helps me with the book).

And because I have access to some stuff that everyone else doesn't-- I can't talk about the stuff I've found, the new stuff I know, and the stuff I think you really need to think about. Thus, the radio (well, blog) silence.

I'm bursting at the seams to talk about SPF, and as soon as I can (if I am not to overwhelmed with the book), I will be posting madly here.

In other news, I was just accepted to work at TechEd this year as a product expert in the SharePoint track. YAY! Last year I also worked a booth, but they assigned me to a track that I wasn't an expert in (although it led me to be qualified to eventually do a Windows Server 2008 R2 firestarter events, so it was all good)-- this year that is not the case.

So if any of you are going to TechEd, please feel free to stop by the Office/SharePoint booths. I'll keep you all informed as to exactly what booth I'll be working.  Regardless of which booth, I will likely be outnumbered by SharePoint Server developers and would be grateful to see someone who works with SPF/WSS. : )

I also might be doing a Birds of a Feather session or two. I haven't decided on what I want to talk about, so if you have suggestions, please post them in the comments. : )

Thanks all. Please keep in touch because in a few weeks I'll be able to rant and rave about a lot of things SharePoint Foundations. In addition, I might need to query all readers concerning the book. It's getting so big (with all the new features and changes in the new version) that I might have to cut content because it can't be bound if it has too many pages.

I know, I know, who wants to lose any content? I've been thinking about that too. And what I think I'll do is just put that content that will be pulled here.  The catch is, how to decide what you want here and what do you need to have in the book? Stay tuned for more on that as I continue the long, laborious task of writing each chapter (then rewriting them with the release version comes out...).

And finally, a big shout out to my reader reviewers; Bob, Doug, Trudy, Liam, and occasionally John. You have been life savers. Thanks for your support and kind reviews. I appreciate your efforts. The book, should I be the one who finishes it, will be better because of you. : )

No comments: